Joseph Rowntree Charitable Trust Welcomes Applications
The Joseph Rowntree Charitable Trust welcomes applications throughout the year from organisations whose work is legally charitable as defined by UK law.
The Joseph Rowntree Charitable Trust (JRCT) is interested in funding work which is about removing problems through radical solutions, and not simply about making problems easier to live with has a clear sense of objectives, and of how to achieve them is innovative and imaginative and where the grant has a good chance of making a difference.
Applications can be made at any time under the following priority areas:
- Peace and Security to support a transition towards: The use of ‘soft’, rather than ‘hard’ power as a first line of response to conflict within society and around the world; The de-legitimisation of violence as a tool for responding to conflict, securing interests or projecting power; A culture of human rights and non-violent problem-solving, promoted at all levels of society.
- Power and Accountability – to support people to create a world in which power is more equally shared, and in which powerful institutions are responsive and accountable to wider society and aligned with the long-term public interest.
- Rights and Justice – to promote racial justice and equality of opportunity as a basis for a harmonious multi-racial, multi-ethnic society in the UK.
- Sustainable Future – to develop and promote sustainable, low-carbon alternatives to the current consumerist and growth-based paradigm.
- Northern Ireland – to fund work which will contribute as a strategic level to the ongoing transformation of the Northern Ireland conflict.
Organisations should be undertaking work at a national level. This means work that seeks to make positive change across the UK as a whole, or across one or more of its member countries – England, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland.
The next deadline for applications for Northern Ireland and all cross cutting applications is 17 August 2015 (12 noon).
The next deadline for all other applications is 1 September 2015 (12 noon).
Further information and an online application form can be found on the JRCT website.
Source: JRCT, 27/05/2015go back to the news page