The Cultural Spring – Your Art Fund

people

Application Deadline: 30 March 2015

Description

Grants are available for voluntary, community and unconstituted arts-based groups for community art projects, events and workshops in ten specific wards of Sunderland and South Tyneside.

Value Notes

Two levels of funding are available:

  • Stage One – grants of up to £400 are available for getting new, small activities off the ground.
  • Stage Two – grants of up to £1,000 are available for well-developed ideas with activities already planned; this grant could also be used to build upon a Stage One application.

In total, £3,000 will be allocated per ward per year.

Extended Description

The Cultural Spring is a partnership between the Sunderland Music, Arts and Culture (MAC) Trust, the University of Sunderland and The Customs House and is funded by Arts Council England through the Creative People and Places Fund.

The Cultural Spring project strives to make a real difference to local communities in South Tyneside and Sunderland by providing residents, communities, businesses, schools and colleges, artists, and cultural organisations the opportunities to celebrate, participate in, lead and create inspiring art and culture.

To ensure that the Cultural Spring has a lasting legacy for communities, the Your Art Fund has been designed to commission community groups to initiate and develop their own arts ideas. It will also provide support to help shape, lead and programme arts events that local people want to see in their own communities.

Though the impact of the Cultural Spring Programme will be felt across South Tyneside and Sunderland and indeed the broader region, 10 wards have been chosen as target wards for the Your Art Fund. These are Castletown, Red House, Southwick, Fulwell and Roker/St Peter’s in North Sunderland, and Biddick Hall and All Saints, Boldon Colliery, Cleadon and East Boldon, Whitburn and Marsden and Whiteleas in South Tyneside.

The main aims of the programme are to:

  • Increase participation in the 10 chosen wards.
  • Enable excellent art to happen.
  • Create a lasting social and cultural legacy for Sunderland and South Tyneside.
  • Reflect and share learning.

Key Criteria

Constituted or unconstituted groups of four people or more based and/or working in one of the 10 Cultural Spring Wards – Castletown, Red House, Southwick, Fulwell and Roker/St Peter’s, Biddick Hall and All Saints, Cleadon and East Boldon, Whitburn and Marsden, Boldon Colliery and Whiteleas – are eligible to apply.

Groups must have a bank account to be eligible to apply.

Eligible Expenditure

Funding can be used for:

  • Contracting an artist/s or an arts organisation.
  • Travel and accommodation costs to further develop relationships with an artist or arts organisation.
  • Entrance or travel costs involved with taking groups to see art work or arts events not included in The Cultural Spring ‘Go and See’ programme (these can be either inside or outside of the Cultural Spring wards).
  • Supporting materials or equipment, although applicants should note that not all the funding can be allocated to this.

Proposals must:

  • Relate to the ambitions of The Cultural Spring programme.
  • Provide new opportunities to engage in the arts.
  • Support community involvement and involve residents.
  • Demonstrate a well-costed, realistic budget.
  • Contribute to the lasting legacy of The Cultural Spring.

Restrictions

The following are not eligible for funding:

  • Groups that do not have an arts focus.
  • Projects that take place outside of the 10 specific wards.
  • Activities that already exist.

Payment Procedure

Successful groups will receive payment in two instalments: an initial payment of 90% will be awarded on signing a letter of agreement, and a second payment of the remaining 10% will be provided on successful submission of monitoring forms.

Application Procedure

To apply, applicants must submit a project proposal and a budget. Proof of identity and address as well as bank account details will also need to be provided.

Application form questions are available to download in the guidance document from the website.

Application forms should be emailed back to Fiona Mckeown or posted to Customs House, Mill Dam, South Sheilds, NE33 1ES.

Contact The Cultural Spring for further information and advice.

Addresses and contacts

Application forms may be available to download on this site – please see the downloadable files on the right hand panel at the top of this page – or alternatively please check the funding body’s own website.

Contact details:
Fiona Mckeown
The Cultural Spring
Customs House
Mill Dam
South Sheilds
NE33 1ES

Telephone: 0191 427 8197
Email: YourArt@theculturalspring.org.uk

go back to the news page

Latest events

    We have no events at the moment, contact us if you would like to arrange one
More events

Latest tweet

More tweets